Employment Opportunity (0)
Job Title: Lead Early Childhood Educator
Program: Circles of Care and Connection
Reports To: Program Manager
Our Mission & Vision
Our Mission: Inspiring families to build caring relationships with each other, their neighbours and the broader community.
Our Vision: A vibrant, joyful child and family community where families connect, share, learn and grow.
Circle of Care and Connections Objectives
CCC provides intensive early childhood and family-focused settlement and developmental support to young refugee children (0-6) and their parents/caregivers that enhance successful integration into their communities.
The Lead Early Childhood Educator is a member of the staff team responsible for planning and implementing the Welcome to Canada ECD program for refugee families. The position works closely with child and family support settlement workers and other staff to provides a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment for all participants.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, implements, and evaluates a full range of age and developmentally appropriate activities that are inclusive and stimulating for all children (includes fine and gross motor activities, free and imaginative play, family circle time).
- Creates and maintains a welcoming, emotionally safe, respectful and inclusive environment
- Liaises with CFSW in making referrals to community resources
- Works with staff team to maintain appropriate supplies and resources for the playroom
- Models positive adult-child interactions that promote intellectual, social and emotional healthy development.
- As part of staff team works collaboratively with other community agencies as required
- Participates in the development and implementation of special events programs as required
- Fulfills other duties as required
- Carry out routines/curriculum of the program
- Ensure safety and overall well-being of all children in care
- Establish positive relationships with families and their children
- Lead with cleaning and tidying duties and maintains appropriate health and safety standards in the playroom
- ECE certificate from BC ECE Registry
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Clear Criminal Record Check
- Signed Medical Practitioner Statement regarding your physical and emotional suitability to care for/work with children
- Up to date BC Immunization and Tuberculosis records
- Experience and knowledge of early childhood development
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative as well as to be flexible and make on the spot decisions depending on the needs of the program
- A combination of experience and training working with refugee and immigrant
- Excellent oral and written English language skills
- Comfortable working with clients with little or no English
- A second language is an asset
- This is a 30 hours per week position until March 2017 (or beyond dependent on funding)
- Competitive salary with an excellent benefits package