The Crisis Centre of BC is available to help 24 hours, 7 days a week.
Please feel free to call Vancouver Crisis Line: 604-872-3311 if you or your family member are in crisis during this challenging time.
Please check their website for more information crisiscentre.bc.ca
In the light of the spread of the Covid-19, we are taking proactive steps to ensure the safety of everyone at the Family Centre. As safety is always our highest priority we wish to inform that All our programs at the Family Centre, Circle of Care and Connection and Dads’ Drop-In will be closed as of now. We will however, continue to monitor the situation closely by following the latest guidance from the health authorities on the daily basis to let families know about the resumption of our programs. I would thank you all for your continued support at these challenging times.
In this time of uncertainty, we all need to do our best to Flatten the Curve:
WHAT TO DO:
- Wash your hands >20 seconds with soap and warm water.
- Avoid crowds.
- Cancel all non-essential travel anywhere.
- If you can work from home, do so!
- Get a flu buddy (aka ‘pandemic pal’) and make back-up plans for care of children, pets, and those in need of special assistance
- Look beyond yourself. At all times, be kind to each other and be mindful of other people’s worries.
WHAT NOT TO DO:
- Do not touch your face.
- Do not attend non-essential public gatherings.
- Do not hoard masks, or essential supplies beyond your family's need.
- Do not shake hands; get creative with zero-contact greetings.
- Do not go to work if you are in any way sick.
- Do not go to the doctor without calling ahead.
To get the most up-to-date information, go to https://www.canada.ca/public-health
Be safe out there!
MPFCS Staff and Board
Here at the family centre, we focus on connection. The videos in this public awareness campaign, created by the talented folks at the Langley Infant Mental Health Collboarative, are great examples of how parents need to drop their phones and take a digital diet from all forms of technology when the kids are around in an effort to positively impact kids' mental health.
We hope you enjoy these videos.
Click here to view the video focused on preschool aged children.
Click here to view the video focused on babies.
Credit: Langley Infant Mental Health Collaborative